Monday, September 26, 2011

Sweet Deams

I know that it is not October until this weekend. That is the month for my yearly Breast-Cancer- Awareness-get-your-mammogram-blog. I can't wait til this weekend. I lost my very best college friend yesterday.  My college years and my Wyoming years after college were with Donna.  She was in my wedding.  Britt and Kelcie are 2 weeks apart.  We celebrated their birthday parties together. She was my first call when I had my other babies.  They came to Lovell, we went to Casper...then we moved to Casper! What a time we had when we lived in the same town again. DInners, holidays, birthdays, just days in general. Jobs changed. Life changed. We moved and moved again and again. We grew apart. I am sad. She fought and fought hard for 2.5 years. Her death was unexpected and shocking to all as she had just returned from a trip to Houston to MD Anderson Cancer Center on Sunday. She was too young.  Her baby is only 11...I could go on and on....it isn't fair.  Kelcie turns 22 today. It is not fair. I know she is pain free and at peace now, that helps. She lives on in Kelcie, Ryan and Emily. I will never forget the friendship, laughter, love, and now tears. Sweet Dreams, Donna.  You are missed and loved.
Get your mammograms! Schedule them today!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

So sorry Stacey. That's a hard loss to lose a great friend. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

So sorry for your loss of a dear friend! She looks like a very beautiful lady, great smile! I hope you will be able to attend her funeral.

Unknown said...

Oh, Stacey, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend!!!These kinds of things don't make sense, I know. But I am praying that God will hold all of you close to Him during this season of loss. I'm praying for you and for her family. Hugs!!

Jem said...

Im so sorry, Stacey. Its easy to say shes in a better place, and she is. Its just hard for those she left behind. You and her family will be in my thoughts.

Tracy said...

{{hugs}} to you!!

I'll keep you and her family in my prayers!!

Hang in there!!

Judy said...

What a beautiful tribute to Donna. She will be missed and remembered by so many people. Her struggle was hard and she fought and fought for as long as she could. I thought of my Nancy when I heard the news about Donna. It is hard to lose a dear friend. I am so glad I had the opportunity to know her, through you. Love you.

The Leithead Family said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. {Loves}

Sabrina said...

I'm so sorry, Stacey, for the loss of your wonderful friend. My thoughts and prayers to both your family and Donna's. Thank you also, for the reminder to take care of ourselves and our sisters!