Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cookin'

One thing I have been doing a lot of is getting back to what I love to do...COOK!!! I am using new websites and old ones to get back into the swing of exploring the magic of cooking. I missed my store in Houston but have found one that is just as GREAT! Fresh everything. I have to travel a little ways but it is near my gym so I go that way every day. It is more like the traditional fresh food market. I love that. You can't go in to buy a loaf of regular bread or a jar of regular peanut butter...it is all gourmet or fresh.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kitchen so I am having a lot of fun. There is so much more I could be doing, but the rest of the boxes are still gonna be there tomorrow....sigh...I only have a few more boxes and all my pictures to hang, and a kitchen table to buy......but back to cooking....for Easter weekend I made 2 wonderful brunch dishes.

This one is Lemon-berry french toast!! YUM!!! The blueberries are so good when they are warmed from the cooking...delish!!

Lemon-Berry French Toast
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk 4 eggs, 1 1/2 cups 1/2 and 1/2 or milk(I used half and half), 1/2 tsp ginger, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp sugar and pinch of salt.

Spread lemon curd on 4 thick slices of challah or brioche, top with blueberries then another slice of bread and press together. Dip into the egg mixture and fry

Bake for 8-10 minutes

Top with powdered sugar

ENJOY!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Mmm.. that looks so tasty! Glad you're getting settled in. Such a big job. I can't believe your table story. Oh mY! Hopefully you get it back soon.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Oh YUM....looks so good. Enjoy your new kitchen....I want to se pictures of where the cooking majic happens;)

Tracy said...

You are always so creative with your cooking!! I can't wait to see pictures of your home!! Exciting times!! Good luck with the rest of settling in. :-)

Michelle Thompson said...

Your so awesome and your recipes look so great! I used to love to cook but with working all the time I don't do much of it anymore. I sure miss it, but my biggest problem is I eat way to much of it! How do you cook so great and look so good? What is your secret?