On move in day as the movers are bringing in boxes Brenn and Tony were going to put up Brenn's new basketball hoop, which required tools, which were in the tool box...which Brenn cut his thumb on and required a trip to the ER and 6 stitches! Every time we move one of our kids is in the hospital with in days of moving. At least we know that Baylor Medical Center is minutes from our house and they got Brenn in and out in a matter of 1.5 hours!

Three days later I have my kitchen unpacked and semi-organized so I sent the kids to the garage to start brining in the kitchen chairs. Tony and I were going to bring in the table shortly.
"Mom, where did you say they were?"
"In the garage."
"Um....where in the garage?"
"Brenn, what do you mean where in the garage? I would assume they would be by the kitchen table!"
"Yeah, um...Mom....they aren't in here."
"Seriously! Brenn, there are 6 chairs! Look for 1 chair and the rest will be somewhere around there."
"MOM! I am telling you they are not in this garage!"
"Brooklyn? Will you show Brenn where the chairs are?"
"What chairs?"
"The kitchen chairs. Dad and I are going to bring in the table."
~I hear boxes being moved and things shuffled ~
"Um...Mom?....there are NO chairs in that garage!"
I had told the movers to put the kitchen table and chairs in the garage until I got all the boxes in the kitchen put away. THere were 3 chairs in my eating area at one point. The kids were correct in saying the kitchen table and chairs were not in the garage, pr anywhere else on our property....The moving company located my kitchen table and chairs in IOWA! Yes, IOWA!! Why? The moving company said that one of the movers took it home with him! WHAT? Yep! This man interpreted when I said to keep the table and chairs in the garage....to mean...I don't want it anymore so go ahead and take it. That is NOT what was said, implied or inferred! The lady on the other end of the phone tells me that they will return the table and chairs to me AT OUR EXPENSE! We would have to pay the shipping and delivery on MY table and chairs, AFTER they have been in someone else's house! I was a little mad at this point. I probably lost my rational and calm voice and began using my outside voice on the phone. This woman was defending her movers(which they probably found on the street corner as he was NOT the driver, he was an unpacker) and saying that his interpretation of the conversation was that he could take the table and chairs. Needless to say this back and forth has been going quite a while and I am now no longer dealing with this woman(probably by her choice and most definitely fine by me) and my new contact is someone within the corporate office of Atlas Van Lines. I am hoping to get the insurance approved this week.
We celebrated Brooklyn's 15th birthday in quiet fashion, much to her dissatisfaction! She chose apple pie and dinner at Carrabas. We had a good dinner and then watched movies when we got home. She wanted a guitar for her birthday and she has been having a lot of fun with that.
Easter was great. Britt came here for the first time and we were so busy. We shopped and had dinner out and then she had to leave mid afternoon yesterday so we ate an early Easter dinner so she could get back to school because she has 2 tests today.
I have no photos of Easter at all. That is terrible!
6 comments:
OMG!!!! I would be furious. I think the moving company should be buying you new table and chairs!! So sorry for all the frustration.
Good to hear your Easter was memorable, even without pictures!!
I can't believe the guy just took them! Hope you get it all figured out soon! You'll have to post pictures of your home once you get it all put together!
I would say I was surprised by the table and chairs missing, but nothing surprises me anymore, especially when it happens in TX!!!! I would be asking for a NEW set, who knows what that guy did with that table...lol, okay don't think about that to much, sorry!;)
Oh, and that look on Brenn's face with the finger all bandaged up....I think he likes it;)
What a crazy few weeks! Cannot believe that about the chairs, but at least the guy was honest in saying he has them!
The neighborhood looks great, cannot wait to see pics of the house!!!!
What a crazy few weeks! Cannot believe that about the chairs, but at least the guy was honest in saying he has them!
The neighborhood looks great, cannot wait to see pics of the house!!!!
From a logical standpoint, why would you have wanted the table and chairs to go into the van if you didn't want them at the new house? That of course, is assuming that the moving company is logical, which from previous posts, we know isn't the case. Sorry about the table and glad you had a great Easter.
Post a Comment