Thursday, April 8, 2010

Here is the first one...

As I said yesterday, I have been cooking and experimenting, here is another yummy recipe that I will be making again!

The first brunch for the Easter weekend was Strawberry Shortcake french toast. I added different berries instead of just the strawberries, unless you are Brenn and then you only wanted strawberries.

Strawberry Shortcake French Toast
(I doubled this recipe for 5 of us and it was the perfect amount)


Mix 1 tsp grated lemon zest with 3Tbsp sugar; toss about 1/3 of the lemon sugar with 3 cups halved strawberries. (I used raspberries, strawberries and blackberries)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Whisk 4 eggs, 1.5 cups of half and half, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp vanilla and a pinch of salt in a shallow bowl. Add 4 split English muffins and soak for 5 minutes then fry in butter and bake for 8-10 minutes. Sandwich some of the berries and more lemon sugar between the muffin halves. Top with vanilla yogurt and drizzle with honey.

YUM!!! Enjoy~

3 comments:

Nikki Dillard said...

HEAVEN! looks SO amazing! YUM-O!

Teri said...

These sound good...wish I could get motivated to cook half of what you do...better yet, I wish Justin would. ;)

Nikki Dillard said...

uh oh, just found another site to stalk! http://www.tastespotting.com/