Brooklyn was selected to attend the Regional V.A.S.E. competition. VASE stands for Visual Art Scholastic Event. They are evaluated on their artwork and on their student interview. As a freshman she scored 3 out of 4 on BOTH of her pieces! She did outstanding! She took the pictures then did the artwork from the photos. They have to be approved and then they are sent into interviews with judges. Keep in mind that the pictures I took of her artwork doesn't give it justice! They are fantastic and we are framing them. Way to Go Brooke!!
Memory Lane
This picture was taken in my great aunts yard in Wyoming this summer. She titled it Memory Lane because she remembers going through the flower beds with my great aunt when she was very young.

The judges comments were
"Excellent composition-strong background with innovative textures. I think this piece would benefit from a greater scale in value but overall wonderful execution. I enjoyed listening about the process and how you completed a piece that took several tries and was challenging."He Loves Me
This was also taken in the flower garden at my great aunts house. I love this picture of Brooklyn!

The judges comments on this were,
"It is so refreshing that this piece is personal to you. I like your use of color and blending. Keep exploring all the color possibilities for white or black-it is never flat and I can see that you did that with skin tone. Keep those background words going with no breaks. GOOD JOB!!"Her art teacher was thrilled that with all the competition and with her being a freshman that she scored 3's.
9 comments:
Wow, the self portrait is excellent. Thats really difficult to do. Congrats!!
Amazing talent!! Good job, Brooklyn!! Keep it up!!
Thanks for sharing, Mom!! :-)
Wow!!!! How beautiful both pictures are. What a talented girl, I hope she keeps it up.
Brooklyn!!! What great pieces! Those are not your first great pieces, however. I have one that you did, very quickly, on a trip to Cody and one you did of boots as well! What an honor! Keep them coming!
She is so talented. Keep up the good work Brooke!
Great work! I'm so jealous of those with artistic ability. I dont' know how they do it, but wish I could! Congrats to Brooklyn!
Those are great paintings! What a talented girl!!
Great job!
amazing amazing amazing!!!! she has SUCH talent! WOW!!!! they are going to look fantastic framed!
Post a Comment