Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fancy feet


We have traded basketball and cross country shoes for sprinting and dance shoes.

Brenn started track last week and had time trials this week for the kids that were in basketball and started the season late. He was the #2 fastest in the 7th grade as a 300 sprinter. He did not make this meet because the basketball kids have not practiced long enough to participate in this first meet. He also tried pole vault and did not care for it. He will do jumping trials next week. Off to another bleacher staduim we trek. :)
Brooklyn started dance and is really enjoying it. We are hoping that we get to stay here long enough to have her perform. If not, she has learned a lot so far. They have been doing ballet, which she really liked, and they begin interpretive dance next week. She is very good and has caught on very quickly. She has a lot of rhythm and is very graceful so I am not surprised she is good but she has never wanted to dance. We were both surprised and happy that she chose to try it. I cannot wait to see the finished performance!

4 comments:

Jem said...

I love it! I know Ive said it before but my favorite thing to do is watch my kids. How fun.

Teri said...

It's great to see how much you support your kids. There is always something keeping you busy. :)

Tracy said...

Isn't it fun watching your kids personalities develop and change with age?!! Good for them for trying new things and stretching themselves!!

Have fun Mom!! :-)

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

You will be busy, and when you move, I'm sure they will pick it back up. I love ballet. This is Nat's first year, and she loves it. Have fun , and ENJOY!