This is my latest dessert creation. I made it yesterday and the kids could not wait to get into it. It is a Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake. It is very simple to make and well worth it! I would change the amount of chocolate and add additional caramel OR make it with white chocolate chips instead...There is a lot of chocolate in it and I am not a chocolate fan, as you all know. It was a huge hit and I will be making it again soon.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick butter at room temp
1/2 cup & 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup & 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup chocolate chips
Filling and topping
2 cup chocolate/caramel chips
2 teaspoon shortening
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2- 8 or 9 inch cake pans
In a medium bowl whisk the flour and baking soda, set aside.
Cream together the butter and sugars. Add the salt and vanilla. Cream again.
Add the egg and beat on low until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Divide the dough into the 2 cake pans. Pat the batter into the pans evenly. Bake 15-18 minutes.
Allow to cool completely.
Filling- chips and shortening into a microwave bowl and heat at 30 second intervals until chips are staring to melt. Spread on the cooled bottom layer of the cake.(I added a drizzle of caramel on top of the chocolate chip mixture) Top with 2nd cookie and repeat with remaining chocolate. I drizzled caramel on the top as well.....
ENJOY!!!
9 comments:
Well I LOVE chocolate and that looks divine!! Thanks for sharing!!
Looks yummy, we'll have to try it.
YUMMY!!!!!
Just looking at it made me gain 5 lbs......
Oh man...my mouth is waterin just looking at it! We will have to try it out!
Mmmmm....that looks extremely evil. :)
YUMMY! Where did you find the chocolate/caramel chips? I had Greg look for these @ Randall's and they did not have them. HMPH!
Oh, mercy! You have no idea the deep love I have for chocolate chip cookies. Yesterday, I told Thomas that I loved them almost as much as I love him...and meant it. I don't think I should make this cake, because you know how long it would take me to eat it? Um...about 2 minutes.
Stacey I am SO very impressed. I'm feeling pretty good if I whip up a mean dish of ice cream (store bought).
Ditto to Kristy!!! Where do you find these recipes???
Post a Comment