To take Rachel Ray's signature saying YUM-O...these Ultra Butterscotch Brownies are very good. I got a new cookbook from a dear friend that lives in Vermont. It is full of baking recipes...incredible selection. These brownies are so good I cannot keep them in the house. I have varied the chips and mixed and matched them with peanut butter, milk and semi sweet chocolate, butterscotch and white chocolate.
1 stick butter melted
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp butter flavor OR 2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
3 large eggs
1 1/2 butterscotch chips
1 1/2 cups nuts (this is where I add another type of chip instead of the nuts)
Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in medium bowl in microwave and mix in the sugar, salt, baking powder and flavoring. Stir in the flour. Add eggs 1 at a time. Stir in 1 cup of nuts and 1 cup of chips. Scoop batter into lightly greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle remaining chips and nuts over top of batter. Bake for 30-35 min, until the top is shiny but middle is still gooey (not liquid). Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!
3 comments:
Looks like a yummy recipe. I will have to try it! How do you change your header...I tried and I can either get a header and no picture or a picture with our name across the forhead...can you help?
I am making these this weekend. I will add another chip, because we don't like nuts in our brownies;)
Have fun on your trip!!
I made these today and they are so good. We love nuts, so I put a few in and some choco chips and butterscotch. They remind me of seven layer bars kind of.
Post a Comment