Monday, February 2, 2009

Have you seen my.....


.....partner?? This is ridiculous!
I have drawers under my dryer that I throw the single socks that come out of the dryer. When someone is looking for the "other" sock, I direct them to the Sock Drawer.....more often than not they come back with I could not find the other one...REALLY???I bet you could have if you looked again! I usually go through the drawer at change of seasons. As you can see here, we have work out, volleyball, running, basketball, cheerleading(from Halloween, I am guessing), baseball and football socks mixed in are a few of Tony's dress socks. Ones that look like they might have a match in this collection have different logos like Nike or Under Armor and New Balance. Why is it that I am the only one that has all my socks??? Hmmmmm :)

9 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

LOL!!!!
This is to funny, and kinda reminds me of my own household;)

Teri said...

This post is great!
I, too, have a sock drawer. I do not understand where these single socks come from!!! I just threw out the whole drawer of them last week. The amount of them just kept getting bigger instead of smaller after every load...so I tossed them. :) How can we have so many different pairs of white socks???

Kristin said...

That is so funny!! Maybe cuz its so true! Yes I have a sock drawer too :) Amazing though... seriously where do they go!

Tracy said...

I guess I'm a lucky person, I've never had a sock drawer and our socks always match up!! I don't know...maybe that's my gift in life, matching socks!! LOL!!

Good Luck finding the mates!!

Michelle Thompson said...

I think everyone has missing socks. I have always wondered if the washer eats socks because I have never been able to figure out how one sock just TOTALLY disappears, never to reappear. Good post!

Michelle Croft said...

If I can't find the mate after about two weeks, I toss them. The next day the lost sock almost always surfaces. Who knew laundry could be so aggravating?!

holly said...

i have mine pinned to an overhead rack above the dryer. stupid things. i *think* the thrower is throwing some in the bin.

wait - i see a couple of familiar ones... yes, yes i have the match of at least four of your socks! how the * did that happen?

and there in the corner - those are mine!

KrIStiN said...

That's too funny...I have the same dang problem. I wonder if any of my missing socks will match any of yours? :) good luck finding the other socks!

Lundberg Family said...

Haha! I love this post. We too have a hamper full of socks. My family hate when I say it is time for a "SOCK PARTY". We rarely have matches so this is a big ordeal. I still think the dryer or washer eats them because I have never had all matches even when I clean from top to bottom! If you figure it out let me know!