Friday, January 23, 2009

Ups and Downs

This week has been a week of sadness, sickness but we will end it in a happy way at a beautiful wedding tomorrow.

Britt and Brooke have been sick all week. Both went to the doctor and both are on multiple meds. UGH! The 2nd semester started for both girls and that is added stress on top of being sick! I am proud of Britt for sticking it out and making all her classes. She has not felt well at all and that is true dedication. She wants to keep that 4.0 GPA! Brooklyn has been home Wed-Fri on Dr orders. She missed all that school and the 1st week of track practice. She is so bummed That being our week of sickness, we are blessed that is bacterial and viral.

We were informed yesterday that a good friend of Tony's from high school and his lovely wife have an 11 year old daughter that has a very rare form of cancer. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you Claire!
If you have any extra prayers this wonderful family of Chris, Tanis, Marshall, Claire and Myles could use them.


Tomorrow Ant and I get to travel to West, Texas (yes, that is the name of the town) for a beautiful wedding of one of his Reps. Amy joined Tony's team a little over a year ago and she is a wonderful girl! We are so excited for them. They are a beautiful couple and have been together 10 years tomorrow! It will be a special way to end the week on a high note. Congratulations Amy and Heath!

6 comments:

Teri said...

Hope everyone gets well soon.
Have fun at the wedding. :)

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I hope everyone is well soon. I hate it when the kids are sick.
We just had a 10 year old boy in our ward get diagnosed with brain cancer this week. It is so sad that such sweet little children have to go through so much at such a young age. I hope all goes well for your friends and Claire.
Have fun at the wedding;)

Tracy said...

So sorry for your week of struggles. I believe it must be "in the water" everywhere!! Everyone I talk to, seems to be having some pretty major trials this week!! :-(
I'm counting my blessings!!

Here's wishing your family a healthier future and have some much needed FUN at the wedding!!

By the way, can I get your mailing address? I noticed your on Richard's invite list!! :-)
bassettm05@tctwest.net

Michelle Thompson said...

It is so hard to hear about kids having cancer. It reminds me that my trials aren't as bad as I think. We have all been sick around here too, but no one has had to go to the doctor yet. I guess it is that time of year.

holly said...

best of thoughts for wellness to return!

have fun in West! is it, in fact, west? or is it a little north or a little south? please tell me it's east.

Renae and Keith said...

What a cute couple! Have fun at the wedding. Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope everything works out.