Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Enough Already!!


WOW! I am tired of someone being sick! Tony, so far, is the only one spared! With his work schedule he cannot get sick, he says it is mind over matter...whatever works!
I had to take a mad dash to pick up Britt from college last Friday as she was not responding to the antibiotics originally given to her so she got considerably worse and needed a different medicine! She spent the weekend here and we got her back to human state. She is back at school and doing better. Britt and Brooke spent a lot of quality time together~they moved into our room~. Brooke went back to school yesterday for the 1st time in a week. She was very disappointed to learn she is not allowed to do her time trials for track. (they were Thurs. and Friday) With a school of 2700 students in just 7 and 8 grades, they make no exceptions. She will not be able to compete in track this year. She is so upset. She got her report card and that put a smile on her face. She rocked her finals. That was a positive for her, but did not make up for her track let down! She is feeling better and actually smiled this morning as she headed out the door. Brenn was home yesterday after coming home from a birthday party on Sat. with a fever and cough. He was insistent on going to school this a.m. His fever broke yesterday about noon, so out the door he went. I am hoping that they are all on the mend....I woke up with a cough and bad head ache this morning...My turn, I guess! UGH!!!
Tony and I were able to go to the wedding in West, TX(right out of Waco) and it was beautiful. I am so glad we got to go and spend the time driving the farm roads of Texas together!! ;) Hopefully I will be back to blogging soon....

8 comments:

Michelle Croft said...

Hey Stacey, I found your blog a little bit ago. I'm sorry that everyone has been sick, it's hard to enjoy anything when you don't feel well. I can't believe how big the kids are! You all look great. I hope you get back to normal soon.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, and hope they all give you the same TLC you gave them when they were sick;) Get your rest!!

Michelle Thompson said...

I hope you feel better soon. Don't you know mom's CAN'T be sick. Ha Ha I guess we need a break too and that is the only way we get a little one.

Jill Asay said...

I hope you all get better fast. Why is it that the dad's never seem to get sick?

Tracy said...

When it rains, it pours!! Get Better!

Kristin said...

Gall! There's nothin like being sick! So sorry! I hope everyone gets healthy soon!!

holly said...

i am wishing you much wellness, friend.

you know, sometimes it's good to be from wyoming. 2700 kids in two grades? that never happened in either worland or lovell, eh? who knew we had the edge on something.

still, no exceptions? that is the most ridiculous thing. c'mon, not all 2700 kids are going to want to try out. you kind of have to allow for children being sick.

Michelle Croft said...

My ob said he would induce me in the 39th week, so maybe Brooklyn could share her day. As much as I would love to be done by your b-day, that's a bit much for hospital time for me!