Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Spring sports and 4 day weekend



On this 4 day weekend we did absolutely nothing of importance. I guess it was a time to regroup for the onslaught of spring sports that begin today. Track starts for Brooklyn tonight after school and Brenn's baseball draft is next week. Brenn started the weekend with 3 other boys staying here...Brooklyn's turn was Friday night. It was loud and fun for both. Brenn the spent days outside playing and going to movies and threw 2 more sleep overs in at friends houses. Brooklyn came down with fever/chills/cold on Saturday and was still sick this morning but needed to get her 2nd semester schedule today. Tony and I spent Saturday having fun looking at houses(our favorite pastime) and then went to dinner. It was relaxing for us and non stressful....BUT beginning tonight the sports fury is on! It will be fun, as it always is, but it will be challenging with practices being on opposite areas of the city and Tony traveling this month and next. I thought I should post something since it has been so long, but we are not doing anything that exciting. Starting next week we will be involved again.

6 comments:

Jem said...

I hear you on running all over. Having three involved children is a challenge but I wouldn't want it any other way. I always wonder what people do that don't have kids.

Michelle Thompson said...

Having kids involved is tuff especially when you work, but I wouldn't want them at home bored all the time either. It is nice when they are 16 and can drive themselves. We love to look at houses and go to dinner too. That sounds fun.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Busy times!! We start our running around next month. I like it, but I'm always glad when it's over.

Tracy said...

Never a dull moment!! Just wait, before long it will all be over and I guess the next time you'll be running around is to your grandchildren's events... so I've been told!! ;-)
I'm with you on looking at houses!! However, Matt usually looks at crops and I look at houses!!

Be safe in all of your running around!!

holly said...

i had a four day weekend, to, but i had to do it in two days.

you *and tony* cook at house*s*? my husband once made me toast. once.

when i grow up i want to be much more like you.

this makes me wish softball season was upon us.
huge tangent->a lesson in be careful what you wish for: i have long wanted to be one of the best softball players. i am now, because the welsh don't quite *get* softball yet. but they try, and it's cute.

AAAnyway. hopefully the fever/chills/cold has left brooklyn.

why are practices on opposite sides of the city? that's just crazy!

Lundberg Family said...

It was fun seeing your family. I can't believe how they have grown. I really didn't even remember what they looked like...how time flies. It doesn't seem like they should be that old. The girls are beautiful! Of Course Brenn is handsome! I love your family photos! We just did the all black thing it turned out great! SOunds like you are as busy as Tracy...I am glad we are not quite there yet! Busy but not that busy. Take Care!