Thursday, January 29, 2009

The highest compliment


Brenn is the pickiest eater in the world. He would be happy to eat Macaroni and Cheese(out of the box...ewww, that makes me shudder) every day for lunch and dinner. He always asks what we are having for dinner as soon as he gets home from school. In my mind I think it is so he can get his complaining out of the way BEFORE we sit down. :) We had chili on Tuesday night. I can only make soups or stews a few weeks out of the year in Houston, so it was to get in the 50's~I know...not cold, but cold enough to serve chili. Brenn rolled his eyes at me and said his usual "Mom, do I actually like that?" I replied, "Well, Brenner, maybe this time." and he disagreed. As he sat own he looked at Brooke and then at Tony and I, looked at the chili and sighed, plopped down. His spoon dipped a little into the chili and he put it to his mouth. We all always watch his reaction to whatever he is eating. His head was down and he did not get a funny look, instead he got a puzzled look, took an actual SPOONFUL and ate it. His face and eyes lit up and he said.."Mom this is a keeper, I don't need to put cheese on it to take the taste away!" That made my week!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

So funny!! Elle loves mac and cheese too. For every meal! My girls are both starting to be picky.

Michelle Thompson said...

My two boys are the worst for being picky! I can't say to much though because I was horrible too! Was is the key word. Sometimes I wish I still were and didn't love to eat so much!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

LOL!!! Brenn is a keeper;);)
That's what my kids ask too...
"What's for dinner?" everyday after school.
My kids are so picky. If its not a chicken nugget, taco, or pizza their whole night is ruined.

Lundberg Family said...

whooohooo..I love it when something they think is going to taste badis good! I always reply....I don't cook anything that I think tastes gross. What was the special recipe anyhow...always looking for new recipes!

holly said...

I HEART MAC AND CHEESE!!!!!

but i also love chili, as long as there are no kidney beans. if we were meant to eat kidney beans, we'd have been born nearer to them.

Michelle Croft said...

Michael and Brenn could be roommates! I never make Mac and Cheese from a box (ew), Michael can't wait to plan meals when I'm out of town. Mac and Cheese, tuna casserole, etc. all the nasties. I thought of you tonight during dinner, Michael's turn to cook, mmm Taco Johns. Hopefully you'll get there soon!

Tracy said...

Too Funny!! That's a kid after my own heart!! He makes me smile!