Well, football season is over in our house. Brenn was practicing last night and was hitting very well and then got hit and that is it! CRUNCH! He has a "grade 2 severe concussion". He was sick to his tummy and in a lot of pain last night, but the thing he wanted me to know was "But Mom, I stayed on my feet and did not fall!" Well, honey, that is great, but your head took the whole impact. To him that was not as important as staying up while getting drilled...that is a sport I will not understand! ;-) He was home with me today and we went to the doctor. He was disappointed to find out that he will not be able to play in the final game this weekend. (It is also his b-day weekend) I sure hope he feels better! The doctor explained the seriousness of concussions at is young age and Brenn understands that it is best , in the long run, that he sits out...which brings him to the question of P.E.I am thinking that he is going to be sad he cannot participate in activities and the Doc asks what they are doing in P.E. and he says volleyball...the doc shakes his head and says he cannot play v-ball because of the risk of his head getting hit....Brenner smiled huge(the 1st smile all day) and said "YEEEESSSSSS!" I told him he did not need to get hit in the head to get out of volleyball ~in 6th grade p.e~...that made him smile too. He may be able to play in the end of the season tournament in 3 weeks. He is hopeful. His mom is looking forward to baseball season!!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Brenn has a concussion!
Well, football season is over in our house. Brenn was practicing last night and was hitting very well and then got hit and that is it! CRUNCH! He has a "grade 2 severe concussion". He was sick to his tummy and in a lot of pain last night, but the thing he wanted me to know was "But Mom, I stayed on my feet and did not fall!" Well, honey, that is great, but your head took the whole impact. To him that was not as important as staying up while getting drilled...that is a sport I will not understand! ;-) He was home with me today and we went to the doctor. He was disappointed to find out that he will not be able to play in the final game this weekend. (It is also his b-day weekend) I sure hope he feels better! The doctor explained the seriousness of concussions at is young age and Brenn understands that it is best , in the long run, that he sits out...which brings him to the question of P.E.I am thinking that he is going to be sad he cannot participate in activities and the Doc asks what they are doing in P.E. and he says volleyball...the doc shakes his head and says he cannot play v-ball because of the risk of his head getting hit....Brenner smiled huge(the 1st smile all day) and said "YEEEESSSSSS!" I told him he did not need to get hit in the head to get out of volleyball ~in 6th grade p.e~...that made him smile too. He may be able to play in the end of the season tournament in 3 weeks. He is hopeful. His mom is looking forward to baseball season!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor boy!! I bet he had a fantastic headache. I'm not big on footbal either. I like to watch it, but not if my son is playing. I'm glad Nick only played his two years in middle school.
Oh, and Utah football, and Texas football are not the same. You guys are animals down there;)
ouch!!
i am hoping my boy chooses football (ie soccer) over rugby. i do NOT want a rugby player in the house.
cricket would also be acceptable, you know, for those nights i run out of sleeping pills. snore pie with yawn sauce!
i hope brenn improves quickly. :)
Way to take a hit Brenn! haha jk. That's funny that he was proud of staying on his feet, but not funny he got hurt...I hope he feels better soon.
Yikes...I hope he feels better!
Poor Brenn! Hopefully nothing else bad will happen. I'm sure he's a great athlete! :)
Post a Comment