Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Fall Y'all!

I am trying to get the feeling of fall in my house, I have cinnamon sticks and cloves simmering on the stove as I write this. The whole feeling is taken away when I look in the mirror and see that my nose is sunburned from sitting out in the 70 degree weather for Brenn's game today. He did a great job as water boy and cheerleader from the sidelines. They will play in a tournament in 2 weeks, so he may be cleared to participate....I am not in line for that. I will defer to his dad on that. I hope he will be ok. Britt is home for the weekend. Brenn turns 12 tomorrow! We will have a big party next weekend so the whole team could come and his other friends. He is excited for that! As I was at the mall this week shopping for Brenn I was bombarded with Christmas carols and decorations! The decorations on the lights and village centers have had wreaths/lights since November 1st. I LOVE Christmas~the whole season. Typically I start the day after Thanksgiving with the music and decorations. I think it is ridiculous that the day after Halloween it is 'the season'. What happened to Thanksgiving? I love this month as well. I have Brenn's and Tony's birthdays, too. Thanksgiving is wonderful with its own scents and themes. When did we veer away from that? I love the harvest season. I have no pictures from this week because we did not do much of anything so I am going to add another recipe that the kids love. It is quick, easy and yummy. I am not a peanut butter fan, an rarely a chocolate fan, so it is odd that the last recipe and this one are peanut butter and chocolate, right? The kids could live on them! ;-) Have a great day!

Peanut Butter Bars
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter 
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla 
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup  semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until smooth. Beat in the egg, 1/3 cup peanut butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Mix the rolled oats in. Spread the dough evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are firm. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips in a single layer over the top. Let stand for 5 minutes, hen spread to cover. Allow to cool In a small bowl mix ~
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
Mix until smooth and then add 1 TBSP milk until consistency of a drizzle(I usually use about 3) Then drizzle over the bars when they are cool. Cut into bars and enjoy!






1 comment:

Brook said...

Hey Stacey,
This is Brook Grant, Keith's wife. Today I was talking with JanaLee Moncur and she was telling me how you live in Houston. Then I got on my blog I noticed your families blog as one blog lead me to the next! Kinda crazy both of those things in one day!:) Anyways, your family is so grown up! What cute kids you have! I hope that all is well with you and your family! Tell Tony hi for Keith.
our blog is keithgrantfamily.blogspot.com