Friday, September 17, 2010

You can take the girl out of Wyoming......

....but you can't take Wyoming outta the girl!! We went to the University of Wyoming game in Austin against #5 ranked University of Texas last weekend. It was the first UW game we have seen since we moved form the state. We were loaded with Wyo shirts, hats and jerseys face stickers...and my dad got me a great Wyoming Cowboy necklace, so we were decked out. We met some friends for lunch at this great BBQ restaurant in downtown Austin, Stubb's BBQ. I am not a big meat eater and was not a BBQ fan until about a year ago...now I can't get enough of it!! I have a favorite place in Houston and luckily it is Texas owned so we have one very close here. I was excited to try BBQ in Austin, since it is known for their BBQ. This did not disappoint! There were awesome serrano peppers served as well. The sauce was the BEST I have had. Y.U.M.! Huge bonus...there are recipes I snagged and they sell the sauce! Great score for Stacey!
We are ready to cheer on the Pokes!Brooke isn't sure what to think of the Hook 'em Horns sign.....The Lopez family...Minda, Zach and JeffThe UT stadium is awesome. It is huge. There were 101,300 fans in attendance! There were very few UW fans. We went to the UW tailgate party where they had live music from Glen Templeton, which was a lot of fun. We saw some people we knew from all over the state and that was fun. Once we were inside the stadium it was pretty much all burnt orange! They are die hard fans. The marching band was incredible and put on a great show and even played Ragtime Cowboy Joe for the Cowboy fans! That was fun.Great marching band!
A fleeting moment that we were winning! The brown and gold section. Not very many of us! The future Alumni of UW!

4 comments:

Jem said...

I just love those gold and brown colors. I think I will be a Wyoming fan until the day I die!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Looks like a fun time....I still want that shirt, tell Judy to keep her eyes out for another one;)
We are excited for the BYU/WYO game in OCT. Wish you could join us! GO BYU!!!!

Tracy said...

How cool is that?!!...your family all decked out in UW colors!! LOVE it!! Looks like a fun time. Great pictures!!

Nikki Dillard said...

What an amazing series of pictures to capture such a fun trip! You look gorgeous as always, and the fam does too!!!! I have to say though... Hook 'em!