Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Life is Good


The past 8 days have been fun filled for the Bees. I had an appointment in Houston last Monday so Brenn rode with me and we picked up his friend Jack to bring home until Friday when I was to meet his mom and they were going back to Houston. During this time, Brooklyn and her friend Angela figured this would be a great time for them to see each other as well. So...on Friday I dropped Brenn and Jack off 1/2 way between Dallas and Houston and picked Angela up! Weekend 4th of July traffic was TERRIBLE and it was a looong day!

I have ZERO photos of Brenn and Jack. The 1st reason is that they are boys. Reason #2 being that they are on-the-go-boys. WOW!! They went to the mall(Brooklyn thought we should tag along for that ...ugh!), they went put-put golfing, to MAin Event for laser tag and bowling and a fun filled afternoon of games and prizes that FILLED the back of the car!! They went to 6 Flags on Friday with another of Brenn's friends as well. They had so much fun!

Brooklyn and Angela are best friends, total opposites and picked right up after not seeing each other for 4 months. They went to movies, ate out, swam, went to the fireworks, went to 6 Flags, went shopping, and had a ball! They took A TON of pictures, but I only took a couple. Seems as though I was doing the driving all week!
On Saturday night Tony and I went to our FAVORITE Mexican place and had front row seats to the towns fireworks. This is the town of South Lake...where we spend most of our time...and they were the BEST fireworks either one of us had ever seen.
The next day, the 4th, we had back yard seats to our town's fireworks! WOW!! These were even better than the South Lake ones! They lit them off literally in our back yard. Our community opened a new splash pad and swimming pool, directly over our fence and the grand opening was Saturday with concerts and booths and lots of people! I know firework photos do not really catch the real beauty...but here are some of our favorite.





I made the trip half way to Houston again today and traded kids and now we are packing and leaving for our family reunion in San Antonio on Thursday. YAY for healthy kids and a great summer!

5 comments:

Nikki Dillard said...

WOW! Sounds like SO.MUCH.FUN and super busy too! Love the pics! Brooklyn is so pretty (no surprise -- look at YOU!), love the pic of you and Tony and I totally HEART your fireworks pics! Nice job, missy!!!!

Btw, I made the crispy baked chicken and sauce posted on Annie's blog today. Greg and Clarke really enjoyed it! It was ridiculously easy to make, so that's a bonus too!

Tracy said...

Busy Bees you are indeed. Enjoy it while they are all home!! It doesn't last long!!

Great photos of good lookin' people!! Glad your summer is a good one!!

Jill Asay said...

Sounds like a super fun couple of days! Love the picture of you and Tony!!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Looks like you all have been very busy bees....glad to see the summer is going well, and filled with fun. Are you going to WY at all this summer? I'm going either the 2nd or 3rd week in August depending on when Natalie had HS tennis camp.

Michelle Croft said...

Looks like lots of fun times! Great pics.