Thursday, June 10, 2010

What a way to start summer......

Tony and I returned from a fabulous trip to sunny Miami and Key Biscane on Sunday night. Brooklyn had not felt well all day and when we got home I packed her up and took her to the ER. Her gland on her right side was the size of a golf ball and she could not talk. They tested for strep and that came back negative...then they tested for mono....SHE HAS MONO! What a wonderful way to start the summer. This photo was taken after we left the ER(she had a steroid shot, blood drawn, throat swabbed, numbing med for her throat and pokes and prods to last a looong time). She was happy to be going home and not staying in the hospital! This was the last time she was upright. WOW! She has had a rough time this week. She has to wear masks and we had to let all her friends know that she has mono, so far no one has it! I feel so bad for her. She is sleeping about 20 hours a day and really sad when she is awake.

On another note....Brenn is having a ROUGH time not being able to go to friends houses and have anyone here!! He is a typical teenage boy with an ENORMOUS amount of energy! It has been 'interesting' keeping him occupied. I take him everywhere with me to get him out of the house. A trip to the store is more expensive because he is with me. He is hilarious and really trying to keep busy. He was eating lunch yesterday and I was getting Brooklyn her meds and I hear him talking to someone on the phone. He called Frito Lay to tell them he LOVES their bean dip and Scoops! The conversation was about 4-5 minutes and very interesting. I asked WHY he called and he said he has to keep his mind active and he saw the Comment hotline and thought it would be fun!
It is going to be a loooong summer, I think! :)

9 comments:

Michelle Thompson said...

That stinks! Poor Brooklyn!! This will surely be a summer to remember!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Poor girl, that really is a bummer. As for Brenn, LOL! What a crack up!!!!!!

Nikki Dillard said...

Oh wow, poor Brooklyn! I cannot believe that! NO FUN! I hope she recovers quickly, though I know mono is a long road... :(

Brenn sounds HILARIOUS! Love it!

Lauren said...

Poor Brooklyn! That's terrible. Hopefully soon she'll be well. That is too funny that he called Frito Lay! :)

Teri said...

Everyone else already said it all.
First half... :(
Second half... :D

Michelle Croft said...

Good luck to you in dealing with both. Their sickness and boredom could drive you crazy!

Tracy said...

Sorry about the bad news..Brooklyn.

Loved the good news...Brenn.

Good luck with the rest of your summer!

Jill Asay said...

What a funny guy, Brenn is! Sad way to start the summer...here's to better days!

EmRee said...

He CALLED Frito Lay?!!!! Got to love this kid. Hope she's feeling better soon.