Friday, May 21, 2010

A perfect match

I have been very active in my new kitchen....it is the BEST kitchen ever! I have a ton of room and everything is wonderful about it! I cook and cook and bake and bake. I have tried a lot of new recipes for the last 2 weeks. These cookies are so yummy! It is a marriage of my 2 favorite flavors...lemon and white chocolate. YUM!

Lemon White Chocolate Cookies
1 cup white sugar, divided
1 lemon, zested
1/2 cup unsalted butter, soft
1 egg, room temp
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cream of tarter
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 ounces white chocolate, chopped

Mix
together 1/4 cup of sugar with 1 tsp of the zest(use your hands so the oil of the lemon gets all over the sugar...It is AMAZING!!) set aside.

In a medium bowl mix together flour, salt, cream of tarter and baking soda. in another bowl mix butter and 3/4 cup of sugar, a fork works best to mix this. Mix in the egg(using a spoon or spatula) Then add the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Add flour mixture a little at a time. Stir to combine. Stir in the white chocolate chunks and then shill for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Break up lemon sugar with a fork. Roll the cookies into golfball size then roll in the lemon sugar. Put them on parchment lined baking sheets and leave room, they spread while baking. Bake for 10-12 minutes and cool on sheet for a few minutes then cool on a wire rack.

**It only makes 2 dozen**

5 comments:

Nikki Dillard said...

THOSE LOOK AND SOUND AMAZING! YUM!!!!

I used my new muffin top pan today and I heart it! Were you able to find one or do I need to ship one your way missy????

Jem said...

Have you ever considered becoming a chef? If I ever need an idea for supper all I have to do is look at your status updates on fb!

Tracy said...

You are so good!! Any time you get bored with your kitchen, you could come to mine. Although, it wouldn't be as nice or roomy!!

The recipe sounds good!! Thanks for sharing.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

YUM!!!!! I have to try this recipe! I want to see pictures of the fantastic kitchen;)

Celeste Russell said...

I keep telling Kelly that if I had a bigger kitchen it would be a lot more fun to cook him dinner! Maybe some day! I want to see pictures of your amazing kitchen too! The whole house if your up for sharing! You always have such yummy stuff goin on!