Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nada

We are still in limbo.......this is taking forever and there is no moving date as of yet...so we wait.

So...... nothing exciting is going on here. The kids have finals this week so we are occupying our time with reviews and studying. That is it from here......B.O.R.I.N.G!!!! Here is a new recipe I made last week. I will make it again, with some change....enjoy!

Chocolate Tunnel Cake

Ingredients
*1 chocolate cake mix with pudding in the mix(next tiem I will use a Devils Food cake mix)
*1/3 cup of butter, I melted mine. I think melted butter is best for baking...I do it for all my cookies as well.
*16 ounces of cream cheese
*1/2 cup sugar
*2 eggs
*2 tsp butter, melted
*2 ounces semi sweet chocolate(I used semi sweet chocolate
chocolate chips)
*2 tbsp corn syrup

Directions
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substiting the butter for oil. Reserve 1 cup of batter.

*Pour remaining batter into a 12 cup greased and floured fluted tube pan

*Combine cream cheese and sugar, mix very well at medium speed w/ an electric mixer. Blend in eggs 1 at a time

*Pour over batter in the pan, spoon reserved batter over cream cheese mixture and bake 1 hour or until tester comes out clean. Cook 30 minutes in pan and then cool out of pan on a wire rack.

*Combine melted butter, chocolate and corn syrup in a small pan. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted.

*Pour over cooled cake.

4 comments:

Jem said...

Looks delicious. Sometimes we need a little boring in our life.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I'm with Jem...boring is sometimes good, but I know how hard it is to be apart, and to be waiting on others.
I hope all goes smoothly, and your all together soon. At least Tony isn't 3 states away, and can come home on weekends.
Good luck to the kids on all their finals!

Nikki Dillard said...

wow, this looks delicious! great photo too!

Tracy said...

Sorry things aren't moving along a little faster!!

However, the cake looks DELISH!! I'm definitely going to try this!!
Thanks for sharing!