Monday, October 5, 2009

Remembering my Grandmother


My grandmother passed away this morning, at 95 years young. My 3 Bees are her only great grandchildren and they loved spending time with her. The last few years she was in the Assisted Care facility in Lovell so when we traveled to Wyoming we got to see her daily and sometimes several times per day. I remember her always having to have her hair, nails and make up perfect. It would take her hours, and I do mean hours, to get ready to go to the store. She was very particular about her appearance, even this past summer she had gotten a haircut and was asking us how we thought it looked. The kids loved to visit her because she giggled and laughed at them, and got on me, in her funny way...they liked that!

Here are some of my favorite group shots of the kids with her....the kids sure look different!
Christmas 2008
Summer 2009



My Grandmother(dads side) and my Grandfather(moms side) celebrating her 93rd b-day.

10 comments:

Nikki Dillard said...

oh, stacey, i am so sad for you. :( i am so, so sorry to hear this. i know it is not easy to lose any loved one, no matter how many wonderful years she lived. she sounds like she was a fabulous woman filled with personality, love and tenderness. i am thinking of you all right now. :(

Laurel said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Grandmas are special people. I know losing mine has left a hole in my heart. I miss them so. But, I am so grateful, as I know you are, that I had them in my life for as long as I did. They taught me so much. Here, here for the good strong women who paved the way!!

ps: Sorry about the swine flu. Yuck!

Jill Asay said...

Sorry to hear of your loss! We are thinking about you and your family!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I've been thinking about you all day. You are in my prayers. Grandma's are so wonderful. I wish they could live forever.

Tracy said...

Stacey, I'm so sorry!! Grandma's are indeed special individuals who play a most important role in our life! Take comfort in your memories of her!! You're in my prayers!

Michelle Croft said...

Stacey, we're so sad for you. We know the wonderful memories you have of her will comfort you through this time. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Lundberg Family said...

She sounds like an amazing person! Glad you and your family have so many fun memories!!! We are thinking of you all at this time!

EmRee said...

What a beautiful Grandmother and what a wonderful thing to have the relationship that you and the kids have with her in your hearts forever. Many hugs and prayers at this time of your loss.

Michelle Thompson said...

WOW! That is amazing. I hope if I live that long that I will look that great! Sorry, she is gone. It looks like you have some great memories with her.

Lauren said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma Stacey. They are so special in our lives. You are in my thoughts and prayers.