Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day of Service


Tony's company, Lilly USA, had a national Day of Service today. One of his reps decided to organize a day at the Houston Food Bank. Tony is out of town so Britt and I stepped in to volunteer in his place. The whole team did a fantastic job. I was honored to serve with these fine people. It was a humbling experience and I learned a lot as far as how they get the food given to them. Houston is the 3rd largest US city and with that comes a high poverty level. There were a couple of elementary classes working opposite us that is such a good way to teach the young people how to volunteer. Thanks Reggie, for putting together a great Day of Service!

3 comments:

Michelle Croft said...

What a great idea.I'm glad you got to be a part of it.

Teri said...

That is really neat that you and Britt participated in Tony's place. What a great act of service. Good job!

Tracy said...

GREAT idea...good job!! Nothing feels better than serving others!!