
This is what we received from Brenn's Team mom and Coach this a.m. when we got up and were told to dress warmly. This is severe weather....
E-MAIL FROM CLICK 2 HOUSTON:
Issued at: 8:11 PM CST 2/27/09, expires at: 5:00 PM CST 2/28/09
wind advisory in effect from 9 am to 5 pm cst Saturday
The NWS in houston/galveston has issued a wind advisory, which is in effect from 9 am to 5 pm cst saturday.
A cold front will usher strong northerly winds of 20 to 30 mph mid to late morning through the afternoon on Saturday. The winds are expected to decrease in speeds in the late afternoon and early evening hours.
Precautionary/preparedness actions,
Drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other high-profile vehicles should be alert to the danger of these winds, especially when driving along east to west oriented roads.
Boaters in the wind advisory area should use extreme caution if venturing onto area lakes on Saturday. These winds will make open waters of lakes rough and hazardous, and may result in high waves which may tip or swamp smaller craft. For your personal safety, avoid the open waters. Stay close to shore or around protected areas.
We laughed so hard. Winds up to 30 mph??They have no idea what wind is! Needless to say with the humidity and the chilly air with the wind, it WAS cold(for here). We did wear light jackets. We have become very wimpy when it comes to cold!! I just thought it was funny because I had talked to my mom on the phone and she said it was 3 degrees when she woke up, it is about 59 here today and that is a cold front!
5 comments:
30 mile an hour winds is like no wind here in Laramie. I drove to Cheyenne everyday for 6 months, and I bet 3 out of 5 days they had advisories for gusts 65 mph+. Like you said...they have no idea :)
That is to funny that 30 mph is a strong wind. It blew like that all the time in Lovell. I don't miss the wind and cold at all!
It's amazing how a different perspective makes a situation seem better or worse. I used to work with a girl from Kansas. We had a tornado sighting once and it scared her to death. When it was over she said, "That's it? That wasn't a tornado!"
This reminds me of when we lived in Laredo, and the temp would get to 50*, the kids would all go to school in winter coats, snow hats and gloves, and my kids would go in a sweat shirt.
These people need to spend a day in Casper, eh?
I've GOLFED in worse wind than that!
Post a Comment