Thursday, February 26, 2009

My mother, best friend, My everything.

Well this is Brooklyn:) My mom's second and middle child. She doesn't exactly know i'm on here, she left it up while taking Brenn to practice and i started to browse all of her posts. I was looking on 'Seven Things' and 'The invisible Mother' when i got a sudden rush of mixed feelings. I felt joy because all these things are true about my mom. All she will eat on road trips are Vanilla Wafers, taking few at a time saying shes done but always going back for more. The way her feet are always cold, like mine, and sleeps the same way with her feet tucked under the blanket, like me. Then a sudden rush of sadness, like the little things i dont do that would make her day. I look on the floor and see my bag sprawled out in the middle of the living room, Waiting for her to walk in any minute asking my nicely to pick up my socks, makeup bag and cross country shoes. And ill say "i will later mom i promise." Thats how it always goes, like a routine. And i just realized the littlest things i could do to show that i appreciate her, Like keeping my room clean, or keeping my cloths folded nicely. But i don't, Always "forgetting" or having more important things to do like texting or talking to my girlfriends on the phone. But the most important thing to me is family. My mom is always there for me. When im having boy troubles, or just having a horrible day. When my "best friends", of the week, and i get into a fight, my moms there. Sitting contently, listening to every detail trying to analyze everything and put it into her own perspective so that when i sob "what do i do mom?!", shell know exactly what to say. And she always does. Compared to every other family you see these days, Broken and torn, i am lucky to have a family to care for me. My mom knows everything about me, she tells me when im getting sick when i feel fine and wake up the next morning with a huge migraine or tummy ache. She knows exactly what im thinking always finishing my sentences. She knows when im telling a fib or saying something i dont mean. All i hear these days are girls at school, with their i-phone, complaining and whining about what a bad mom they have and "hating them" for not letting them go to the coolest party of the year, or not getting them what they want, when they dont realize how lucky they are to live in a community like the woodlands. Im glad that my mom and me have a better relationship than just fighting. I mean sure she is embarrassing at times, pulling up at school with Brittany spears blasting from the radio, and signing Mr. Roboto around the house, Calling me caca. Those are just more reasons to love her though. I hope we stay close for all the years to go by. I love her more than anything, and would do anything for her. Her birthday is coming up on march 9th and i just wanted to say, the older she gets, on the inside "not outside;)", the more and more i grow to love her. And this is to another year of having the best mom anyone would ever ask for. I love you.




Photobucket

11 comments:

Michelle Croft said...

That is so sweet! I can't believe how much Brooklyn has grown. Ten years has done wonders for her. Hugs and kisses to her from me. She's a keeper Stacey!

Brittany said...

Ahhh... Booka! That was precious. We are extremely lucky to have the type of family that we do. There are a lot of people who don't have a Mama like ours. They are really missing out. I'm so pleased that you guys are growing close. I remember when I was your age, Mom knew exactly what to say to me when I'd talk her ear off about my problems. I'm so proud of who you've grown up to be Brooke. You're beautiful inside and out. I love you. <3<3<3

Teri said...

umm...How old are you Brooklyn? :) You are obviously wise beyond your years. You do have a great mother and it is wonderful that you realize that now and not ten+ years down the road when you are a mother yourself.
That was really sweet and I'm sure you make your mom proud everyday (especially today though.)

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Brook,
You do have a great mom. She has been one of my dearest friends since 1st grade, and has always had a special spark about her.
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful post.

PS~ I bet MAMA cried when she read this;);)

Judy said...

SweetPea! What an outstanding tribute to your mom! Everything you said was true. She is also a wonderful daughter! ; ~ )) I love you! Gramcracker

Kristin said...

Ah that was so sweet. She's right though....families are the best and its great to have such a wonderful relationship!
(looks like we share a great day!!!
3-9)

Kara said...

I'll have to admit, I got a little teary-eyed. So sweet! And I couldn't believe when I saw that you are only 13. Like Teri said, so awesome that you know and recognize this now and not a few years down the road when you're grown and gone.

Jill Asay said...

What a great post! Your are so right...you are lucky to be such good friends with your mom. A mom is one of the best friends you can have!

Lundberg Family said...

What a neat post! Stacey it is obvious that you are raising a great family! I hope that Craig and I are doing the same. Famiy is so important and sometimes life gets in the way...but we have to remember what is important! Sounds like you have an amazing family...keep up the good work!

Tracy said...

Stacey you must be so proud and rightly so!!

Brook, what amazing remarks about your Mom!! This is truly so refreshing to hear a 13 year old state her feelings about her Mom!! Thanks for sharing!!

The Superfluous Blogger said...

THAT.

is the SWEETEST.THING.EVER.

you just went straight to the top of my favorite kid list. and that is a HUGE list.

you knocked the little dude who throws things at me and his sister who has developed a sarcastic streak off joint first place.

although tomorrow they are going to hug me and win their spots back, but for TONIGHT, it's all you!