
It is Veterans Day! For 8th grade history, Brooklyn had a project to report on and make a poster of a veteran she was close to. She chose my grandfather, Jack Pearson, her great-grandfather. She got to interview him and we got a photo of him and she made a poster. There are over 1100 8th grade students in her school! They all made a poster, then the history teachers laminated them so the weather would not ruin them and they hung all of them up between trees in the front of the campus. They have veterans walking around talking to people today. I walked through the trees this a.m. with a little mist in the air and looked at the posters. It was really very patriotic and there was a real sense of patriotism walking through the posters. There were posters of kids that have family in Iraq or Afghanistan to the ones that have older vets that fought in WWII and Vietman, Korea or the 1st Gulf War....it was amazing to see. I am posting photos if Brooklyn and her poster and some of the school. The ones at the school do not give it justice. You cannot get the full view and it doesn't look as grand as it actually was.
Brooklyn plans on calling my grandfather today and telling him THANK YOU for his service and we are sending photos to him of this project. Brooke, I am very proud of your effort on this project!
Here is my THANK YOU to all the veterans and to the men and women who are and have served this country! God Bless America!
I have to add a photo of her and my grandfather. This was taken last Christmas!
5 comments:
Great post!! What a wonderful project for Brooklyn to do. I'm sure she learned a lot. The posters hung on the trees look awesome.
What a great idea. I bet it was really neat to see all the posters.
That is really neat. What an awesome project.
this is a great post! i am sure it was amazing to walk through all of those posters. i felt emotional just reading about it.
Wow! That is so cool. Brooklyn did an amazing job. The poster looks beautiful! Hope Tata enjoys the pictures! Loveyou all!!!
Post a Comment