I love to bake for each season. In the autumn I love to have my house filled with the scents of pumpkin, cinnamon and the warm and inviting smells that comes with the changing of the seasons. This is a favorite of ours. It makes 2 loaves so I usually give 1 away when I make it just for us. It is so easy to make as well.I love to share recipes, so I hope no one minds that I post a lot of them!
Pumpkin Bread
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs beaten lightly
- 10 ounces canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 2/3 cup of water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 2- 9x5 loaf pans. Stir together sugar and oil. Stir in eggs and pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl. Blend dry ingredients and water into wet mixture, alternating. Divide batter between 2 loaf pans. Bake 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool.

2 comments:
Stacey please tell Tony that of course my boys will be wrestlers they are Grants it's in there blood! also football players. Tell Brenn way to go staying on his feet when he got his concusion sounds like a tough boy! I'm glad your family is doing so good. Your kids are growing up so fast. From Keith
Yum, Yum!!! I love Pumpkin Bread;)
Post a Comment