The kids wanted to be the first family to "Boo" others in our neighborhood this year. The treat bowls turned out fun and the kids had a ball giving them to other families. I bought most of the things last year on clearance~ Halloween themed bowls, cups, straws, spider rings, pencils little yard signs and stickers. This year I bought the light sticks and candy and made caramel corn and cookies to include in the bowls. Then the kids took the bowls to different houses and ring the bell and run...leaving the treat on the door step. That in turn means you have been "Boo'd"...you have to Boo 2 other families if you choose to participate. Everyone has a paper ghost that they hang in their front window when they have been "Boo'd" that way everyone knows you have already been "Boo'd". It is a fun way to get Halloween week started!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Boo'd
The kids wanted to be the first family to "Boo" others in our neighborhood this year. The treat bowls turned out fun and the kids had a ball giving them to other families. I bought most of the things last year on clearance~ Halloween themed bowls, cups, straws, spider rings, pencils little yard signs and stickers. This year I bought the light sticks and candy and made caramel corn and cookies to include in the bowls. Then the kids took the bowls to different houses and ring the bell and run...leaving the treat on the door step. That in turn means you have been "Boo'd"...you have to Boo 2 other families if you choose to participate. Everyone has a paper ghost that they hang in their front window when they have been "Boo'd" that way everyone knows you have already been "Boo'd". It is a fun way to get Halloween week started!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds really fun! What a great idea. I wish I lived in your neighborhood. ;)
How fun. We have gotten BOOed in the past but not yet this year. I haven't seen any poster's out so maybe no one did it this year. I guess I should have started it. To late now. Only 3 more days, and than it's November. I love November!!!!
This sounds like such a good idea. I've really wanted to do it here, but I'm not sure that anyone would continue it! Super cute bucket!!
Post a Comment