Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Minestroni Soup...mmmm mmmm Good

I love this time of year to cook yummy soups and stews. Living in TX has made it more difficult to get out the hot recipes. When there is an evening that is forecast to be in the 60's...I cook hot dishes! At any rate, the afternoon on Sunday was a bit warmer than I thought, but I was in the mood for Minestroni soup. Here is he easy recipe~
  • 2 pieces of bacon chopped
  • 2 medium carrot~peeled and diced
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 3 medium potato~peeled and diced
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 1 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp thyme I also add 1 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 3/4 cup of small pasta
  • 1 can white kidney beans
  • 1 can french style green beans 
  • 1 can corn
  • grated parmesan cheese
  • In 6 qt pan cook bacon on medium heat until crispy~ remove and drain
  • To grease add carrot and cook 15 minutes stirring frequently, add garlic and cook 15 seconds longer.
  • Add potato, broth, spices and 6 cups water heat to boiling, add pasta.
  • Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes. 
  • Add beans, green beans, corn and bacon and heat through.
  • Top with a lot of the grated parmesan cheese
  • Enjoy!

5 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

YUM~ This looks so good. I have picky eaters at my house, so Greg and I would be the only ones eating it. How much does it make? It's always cold in Vernal. So I could make it a lot.

Stacey said...

it makes a lot. With 4 eating it (well, Brenner picked at it) I had enough to freeze. You could cut it in 1/2 in you wanted.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

You changed your back ground. I like it. your such the blogging pro now:):)

Dina said...

This looks SO good!!! Perfect for a snowy VT day!! Can't wait to try it!!

holly said...

that looks SOOO yummy! and it looks like something *i* could do! i could probably do this without burning down the kitchen!!!

probably.

i promise nothing.