

I drove to Huntsville to have lunch at a yummy Mexican place with Brittany. It was great to see her. We LOVE chips and salsa! As we were munching away on fabulous food the following occurred~ she was dressed in jeans and tshirt with a hoodie(Looking very college-cutsie BUT)....it is 87 degrees...I asked why she would think she needed to dress as if we were in Wyoming. Her response was that she freezes because her air conditioner in her dorm is set so high. I asked her, calmly, to repeat what she said...and she sheepishly looked at me and grinned and changed the subject. HA HA HA not funny, Britt! Lunch was awesome and we have a big football game tomorrow. Life is going on for all. However, we are STILL among the 3% that has no power. There was a meeting last night and NOVEMBER was thrown around as a "potential" date. Come to find out the lines that run to our area are still covered with trees and they have not begun on them! The whole thing with The Woodlands( we have always been told to preserve the 'woods') is that the power/phone lines are all underground...No, they aren't. MOST are, ours aren't. As we start day #13 without power, this has become our "normal". I am beyond frustrated. I have no family here and I cannot just move to WY for a couple of months and disrupt the kids school and activities. I guess this is a blip in life. I am thankful that our house is standing and we are healthy and safe!
1 comment:
she's so beautiful!
(giggled at the a/c bit)...
Post a Comment