Wednesday, July 11, 2012

From the beach to mountains...back and forth!

We have been traveling for the last month! It is so great to get home and back into a routine.  We are exhausted.

We went to Key West with a fun group of people and had a great time.  Unfortunately Tony was not able to golf as he broke 5, yes 5 ribs the Thursday before we were to leave.  He was in pain this entire trip....I hope next year he is able to golf with the guys.  We ate a lot of great food and enjoyed some beach time!
Tony is always working....pool side, beach side...always...
It was a gorgeous place!
Next the kids and I drove to WYOMING!! Stopping off at the University for a tour and a little hope that one of the lil ones will attend.


Delta Delta Delta!! Hoping Brooke will pledge Tri Delt....but she has an open mind...My mom was a Kappa....
On to the athletic side of campus....

we can't wait for the Pokes to come to Texas and play football against UT in September. Go Pokes! We got enough UW gear to last several years, I think.
Of course we had to eat at Taco Johns, always a highlight.


First round in Wyoming/Montana was in the mountains, at the lake and enjoying the slow paced life and beautiful scenery there is in Wyo.
On to Mexico! We went to Playa de Carmen with some wonderful people.
We snorkeled, swam, with fish, went to underwater Mayan caves, that was really cool.  I did not have a water proof camera to take pics but I am waiting for some of those. It was amazing! We  went on a catamaran sunset cruise, this photo was BEFORE I got sick....but I held it together!




Unfortunately Tony was not able to golf...again with the ribs....sigh.  He hung out at the beach and pool with me.  I enjoyed the relaxation, I know he would have loved to golf in both places.
Back to Montana and Wyo!!



We spent a couple of days in Red Lodge and had a great visit with family. We went to the 4th parade and the kids went horse back riding and hiking.  I will have to upload Brooklyn's pics from her camera.  They loved the whole outdoor experience! We then ended in Lovell with my parents and brother.  They went hiking with my brother and uncle.  Tony and I stayed back because of the ribs...They went put on the Harley with my brother, too.


They best was hanging out with my grandfather! He is so important to us.
It was a whirlwind month full of many adventures.  I am happy to be home!

3 comments:

Jem said...

Yeah for posting!! You have been quite the traveler. You look gorgeous, by the way. Love all the pics.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

YES! A post...I'm so happy! What a wonderful month of travels..except for the ribs, darn it!! Everyone looks so beautiful and handsome...glad you were able to go home, and your grandpa looks wonderful.
Keep posting...I'm am;)

nicolet said...

Love all the pics! Yall really have been "busy bees" this summer!! :)