School has been out since Monday. The streets are solid ice. There is 4 inches of snow on the ground. My kids WANT to go to school. My dogs won't go outside. The low has been -5 degrees, very unusual for Dallas, or Texas in general. There are so many activities for the Super Bowl this week that we are not able to get to because everything is closed! Sigh...so....we have fired up the fireplace, for the 1st time**who builds a fireplace in Texas?** I have baked and cooked and cleaned and watched movies and tried to be creative in what we are doing. On Wednesday I had the young neighborhood kids over to decorate sugar cookies. We had a great time! Loud, messy and tons of yummy, sugar loaded cookies were made! My kids were awesome with the little kids. Brenn has been 'sledding' at the golf course hills and had a great time. Some friends are meeting today to have a Snow Bowl since none of the boys are able to make it to the NFL experience at the Convention Center. That is a wonderful interactive place where a lot of football stars are and they have a ton of fun football things to do. When will we ever live in a city that BOTH the World Series and the Super Bowl are in the same year??? Still holding out for the roads to clear up to get to the stadium tomorrow, fingers crossed!!

These are my sun chairs.....it is Feb. I should be getting some good sun!
Yummy sugar cookies!
I hope everyone is staying warm and cozy!
3 comments:
What a great mom! It looks like you have been very creative in keeping the kids busy!
All that snow is crazy...but fun...maybe;)! At least it will all be gone in a few days and not linger until May like ours does. Have fun and keep the creative juices flowing.
Oh man, I wish I had your energy!! I'm sure you're the favorite Mom on the block!! Stay warm!
Post a Comment