Sunday, October 11, 2009

Homecoming 2009

Brooklyn had her 1st high school Homecoming experience this week. She was asked to the dance by one of her very good friends, Brantley. In Texas there is a tradition of a Mum exchange with your date the Thursday before the Friday game. A mum is a flower that you actually make and add little trinkets, a teddy bear and other items that the other person likes to do. The boys wear a garter an the girls wear theirs around their neck. It was so much fun to make it. This was our 1st time doing it as Britt refused to do it as a senior. Then Friday night is the game...which was sold out by 10:05 on the 1st day they went on sale. We have a stadium that holds 3500 fans...SOLD OUT! Students were saved 1300 tickets....there are more than 1300 students in the 9th grade! So...needless to say there was no game for Brooklyn or any of her friends. Brenn had a ticket with a friend(which I think was wrong, the family has NO ties to the high school and had several tickets) but it started raining and he decided against going. I think that was a good choice on his part...he would have had to answer to Brooke and we know that would NOT be a good conversation! The dance was Saturday night. She started with Bitt coming down to help her do her hair and make up....Thanks Britt! They met at a courtyard to do photos and the Hummer limo picked them up there and took them to a Japanese steakhouse for dinner then the limo took them to the dance and then bowling. She said she did not dream it was going to be so fun! We are so happy she had a great time! They go all out here for Homecoming because it is the only formal dance unless you are a senior or go to Prom with a senior, it is Senior Prom.


This is the Mum she made for Brantley.

Brooklyn and her mum...she was thrilled with it
These next 2 photos say so much......Uh oh! This is really happening...
It will be ok, dad...

Brooklyn and Brantley
Brooklyn's mum

The dress
The flower
Another priceless one...Look at Brantley's expression!

The girls

The guys
The group
The limo
Getting in
The inside!!


13 comments:

Nikki Dillard said...

Wow! I had no idea about the mum thing, guess we have that to look forward to down the road! What fun!!!! Brooklyn looks gorgeous as always! I'm glad she had so much fun!

Kristin said...

Brooklyn looks great!! Glad she had a great time too, LOVE LOVE LOVE the two pics of her with her dad. Can't help myself but laugh!! :)

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

She looks so beautiful. I'm so glad she had a great time. Tony's look is priceless;)

Jem said...

Wow, they go all out for Homecoming there. Her date looks soooo young. Shes definitely growing up. Thats hard for dads.

Teri said...

I was thinking the same thing as Jem...her date and all those boys look so young.
She looks so beautiful and I love the pics with Tony...haha too funny.

Laurel said...

Looks like a great time! It's hard for dads to let their little girls grow up, isn't it?...then again, I'm not sure how I'll feel about it either! Glad that it all went well.

Jill Asay said...

The mum thing is a fun tradition! Brooklyn looked so beautiful! What a fun night!

Judy said...

These are wonderful photos!!!! Loved the mum and loved the expressions on T's face!!! Watch out Dad!!!!!

Michelle Thompson said...

She looks awesome! They all look so young and it is funny to see how far apart they stand in the pictures. That is a good thing though!

Tracy said...

WOW!!! They all look soooo young!! Brooklyn was gorgeous!! Love seeing the traditions of other schools, so FUN!! Toni's expression says it all. Just wait, that's all I have to say!!! ;-)

Lauren said...

How fun! Brooklyn looked gorgeous!

Michelle Croft said...

Brooklyn looked beautiful. Poor Tony!

EmRee said...

I want to go to a football game like that! How fun. I knew I always wanted to be a Texan. I can't believe she's so grown up. Have fun MOM!