Friday, April 17, 2009

Oatmeal Carmelita Bars


Oatmeal Carmelita bars

1 c flour
1 c quick oats
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c butter, soft
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 salt
1/2 cup nuts(optional)
1 c chocolate chips
3/4 c caramel ice cream topping & 3 Tbsp flour mixed into it (I use the whole jar and the 3 T of flour and it is fine)

Preheat oven to 350. Bake in approx 8x8 pan. Combine 1st 6 ingredients to form crumb mixture. Press 1/2 mixture in bottom of pan. Reserve other 1/2 for mixture on the top. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

After the mixture has baked 10 minutes, layer chocolate chips nuts and caramel (with flour) poured on the top, in this order. Then crumble remaining flour/oat mixture on top and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350. Place in refrigerator to completely cool before cutting. Store air tight in refrigerator for best results.

I omit the nut and chocolate chips(I don't like chocolate) sometimes and serve with vanilla ice cream.

2 comments:

Michelle Croft said...

Yummy! The chocolate will stay in mine and we'll make this soon. I love caramel and chocolate. Great recipe!

Jill Asay said...

Thanks so much for posting that recipe. I can't wait to try it!!