Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Everyday Chocolate Cake



I made this today and it turned out really well....smelled very yummy as it was baking, too! I am not sure it is supposed to puff and crack, but...it tasted good, so I will go with it. :)

* 2 cups all purpose flour
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
* 3/4 tsp salt
* 3/4 cup butter, softened to room temp.
* 1 3/4 packed light brown sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 1/3 cup water
* powdered sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 by 12 round cake pan and dust with powdered sugar, knock out excess.

Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt

Beat together butter and brown sugar with mixer until pale and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time and beat well after each, then beat in vanilla.

Add flour mixture and water alternately in batches beginning and ending with the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.

Pour batter into cake pan and bake in middle of oven until springy to touch and tester comes out clean....55 min to 1 hour. Cool in pan for 1 hour. Invert onto a rack and turn right side up and dust with powdered sugar...yummy!!!!

4 comments:

Michelle Croft said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Yummy!!
How come you went private??
I'm not sure on the FB thing. It's a little strange having people I didn't care about in Highschool looking at me. Oh, well I will just have to make sure I don't invite anyone I don't like, HA HA
So far everyone is cool, and i like them.

Tracy said...

Sounds good!! Thanks for sharing!! I'll give it a try!!

Kara said...

I saw a link to Claire Reyburn on your blog list. Do you know her personally? I taught her when I did my student teaching 4 years ago, but haven't seen her since then. I was so saddened to hear of her story.