It seems like all I am posting is recipes, but we are not really doing anything fun but going back and forth to baseball practice and doing homework. NOt much to blog about right now...so here is another yummy recipe....This is a kid favorite in our house. It is very east to make and soooo yummy!
* Mix directed 1 Devils Food cake mix and put in a 9 x 13 pan and bake according to directions.
* Punch holes all over the top of warm cake(I use the end of a wooden spoon) and pour 1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk over the cake and into the holes.
* Let cool
* Top with 3/4 jar caramel ice cream topping
* Chill
* Cover with Cool Whip and crumble Heath bar over top
* Refrigerate
* I then decorate the plate with chocolate sauce
* YUMMY*
7 comments:
I LOVE all the different names for this cake. Around our "neighborhood" it's called...
"Better Than Sex Cake"
I think your name is a little more appropriate!! ;-)
Thanks for sharing!
I have had this, and my grandma use to call it "Better Than Robert Redford Cake", but I have also heard Tracy's version as well;);)
One question...
With all your yummy recipes you share, and the dishes you say your making on Facebook, how do you all not weigh 300 lbs. Do you have a family workout after every meal;);) Oh, and do you have a dessert after every dinner? My kids would love to eat at your house;)
Tracy, Adults call it, but with kiddos around Brenn named it after his favorite thing in school when he was in 1st grade ad it has stuck! :)
Kristy, I bake a lot and usually have it for after school or for dessert...I love to cook different and fun things. Remember that Brenner is very picky, so I have a lot of 'regular' things,just add my own touch...!! :)
That looks great! I have never had it with the sweetend condensed milk though. I've always used chocolate and caramel syrup. I'll have to try it this way! Sweetend condensed milk is like one of Christian's favorite sweet things!!
I love this cake. I use a whole jar of caramel. I've used the toffee bits that you can get in the baking isle. The heath bar is so much better - extra chocolate! Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to make it now.
We call it better than sex too! I love this cake and I can't wait to try the soup. I am always looking for new recipes. Thanks for sharing. We used to have desert after every meal until I hit about 27 when I couldn't eat whatever I wanted anymore.
Will you please come over and cook for me?
Now I have to clean up the drool off my keyboard.
Post a Comment