On Christmas Eve we all eat a traditional Swedish dinner at my mom's house then we go to my great aunt Frances's house. She passed away in 2002 and we still have the house and use it for family functions. My favorite family tradition as a child was Christmas eve at her house. My extended family exchanges gifts and we have dessert there. It is such a great house and I am so glad my kids get to have the same tradition that I had growing up!
On Christmas night Jeff brought an electronic boxing game that the kids and Tony, Donny and Jeff played with. Happily, Brooke is the undefeated champion! We played a lot of games as well. This is something the kids always look forward to.
Brenn and Brooklyn were thrilled to play in the snow and be out in the below zero temps. Britt, and I stayed inside and helped my mom cook and played games. On Friday Tony, Brenn, my brother Don, and my uncle Jeff went on the Big Horn Mountains snow shoeing. With the frigid temps plus the wind chill, they were not out long, but in Brenn's words "I have felt a whole new kind of cold!" We were only able to stay a short time as Britt left today for Delaware to spend New Years Eve with her friends.
We had a great Christmas and hope you did. We count our blessings for health and happiness that we have!
My girls miss their Grandma!
Brenn and Brooke bundled up to go hiking with Donny! Brrrrr
Anthony and I
Britt and Brooke with their Great Grandmother
B and Grandma!
Brooke and Brenn on Christmas Eve
All 3 bees with their uncle Don
The 3 Bees with their Great Grandfather and Great Uncle
The fighting Game....
All of us with my Grandfather! He is such a great man!
6 comments:
What a fun Christmas!! Your parents look great, and so does Don. I haven't seen him since he was little. I always loved his smile.
I do know what it is like to travel through Texas. (UGG) I drove from way down South, so a little farther for us, and YES~It is long and boring. I think it's funny you took 2 cars. Now that's a trip.
Sorry, forgot to tell you~
Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
Duh I just got why your blog is called the busy bees. I am so slow sometimes. lol
Hi Stacey,
Glad you liked the cake!!
How fun for you and your family to get to come "home" for Christmas. I'm sure your Mom LOVED it!! You look amazing and you have a beautiful family!! Glad you had a safe trip!! Loved the statement from you son..."A new kind of cold"!! It definitely was beyond cold!!!
Happy New Year!!
It looks like you guys had a great Christmas too! I loved the pictures. Especially seeing Don. I haven't seen him since he graduated. I'm glad you added me to your list, I already added you to mine. Have a Happy New Year too!
it looks like you had a fantastic time, and you didn't even start on the taco bell yet! what a great trip!
Post a Comment