Friday, October 10, 2008

Chocolate Crinkles


For those who remember growing up with me, you will remember my mom's fabulous chocolate crinkle cookies! I made them this week, for my kiddos, as an after school snack. The younger ones love them, as well as Anthony. Britt doesn't care for them because she sniffs the powered sugar up her nose EVERY time she eats them....everyone else I know loves these delicious cookies!!! 
Here is the recipe~~
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 c vegetable oil
  • 4 ounces melted unsweetened chocolate (cooled)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar 
  • Mix the sugar, oil, cooled chocolate and vanilla
  • Mix in eggs, 1 at a time
  • Stir in flour, baking powder and salt
  • Cover and chill  for 3 hours
  • Heat oven to 350
  • Shape dough into round balls and roll in powder sugar.
  • Place on greased cookie sheet.
  • Bake until almost no indentation marks remain (10 to 12 min)
  • Make sure when devouring not to sniff the powdered sugar up your nose as it will cause sneezing and coughing....love ya' Britt!
  • ENJOY


3 comments:

holly said...

oh i so do not have ye olde baking skills. i can make a basic tollhouse, and i have a "holly cookie" (shshshsh! it's a tollhouse with extra bits in it!)

but i can NOt get anything else to come out correctly.

i'm okay with it. i also lack the ability to grow a plant.

but now i want one.

my sister? you could blindfold that girl, throw her in a general store from 30 years ago, and she'd walk out carrying the best cookies ever, that she made with her hands tied behind her back.

me? i walk out with only 9 fingers somehow.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Yum, Yum, this will be my new recipe to try this Christmas. I make cookie plates for all my neighbors, and I love putting something new on them. I love powder sugar, and could just eat it out of the bag. Yum!!!!!

Lauren said...

These look yummy. thanks for the recipe. I'll have to try them out!